Thursday, September 20, 2012

My recipe for patience

Truthfully I had written a post above this about all the calls and things I am going through to help Liam. While I wrote that one of the ladies I'd called, called back. She had been on vacation but got sick and her first stop back into Fresno was to an Urgent care center. She told me she was only in the office for a few hours that day and would get back to me as soon as she could. I had already written my recipe below, but I didn't feel even keeping the original note even mattered as it had before. It was clearly a "me" oriented one, I added some more instructions in my recipe... here it is! What's your recipe?


Recipe to develop Lisa McCarty's Patience   Love

1 loving devoted husband sent to a war zone followed by civilian policing, working nights/all weekends
2 years of infertility to have first child
1 sweet little girl arriving code blue at birth
1 wonderful baby boy with special needs (SN)
1 open heart surgery (for special needs baby)
1 mommy mental breakdown
1 doctor of each specialty to help (cardiology, gastro-intestinal, genetics, neruo-surgery, neurologist, ophthalmology  pediatric dentist, developmental pediatrician)
3 years of interventions for baby boy, followed by autism diagnosis

Sprinkle through the years 20-31, as life goes on, reminding that every person goes through different trials, some families lose a child, some have members with cancer, every family going through different struggles. Mix well, keeping mind that "love your neighbor as yourself" is a commandment and reference this verse regarding what love is: "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast, it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8