Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life is precious

"[] as human beings we are more alike than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou
So many thoughts today, where to start... first off I am praying for a family that lost there little boy sometime in the last 1/2 day, I've never met them, but its a pretty small world when it comes to the Fresno area and Children's hospital. This little one was born with half a heart, and he was born into heaven today. It always brings new perspective to my daily struggles when I wake and read on Facebook or baby center about the loss of a child, and I should say in the blogs and forums I frequent this happens around once-a-week . I am certainly trying to be more like Jesus and have compassion for people, regardless of what they are going through, because ultimately everyone IS having something troublesome in their life and they really need to feel loved.
I read about a family in Sunnyvale, CA this morning as well, it was about a mom who shot her 22 year old son (who had autism) and then herself, pretty sad, and one might think she didn't have support...but it sounds like she really did have a group of other moms in her life. I guess for me where my faith steps in, and I ask for guidance from the Lord daily. I pray no one would ever feel so hopeless that they feel the need to do as this mother did and also that those that I know would feel welcomed by me enough to share their burdens so that we can create hope together. Being part of a group is great but ultimately each person must feel open enough to share their struggles without judgement so hope can be created. I thought about this scripture from my current bible study, which happen to be on hope last night; "We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. (Rom. 5:3-4, NIV). Seems ironic to rejoice in suffering, but when we persevere and share our experiences with others we can create hope. I can think of numerous organizations formed under this principle; for example: Noah's Never Ending Rainbow, Chromosome 18 Registry, Molly Bear Foundation and many more... each organization had a family who needed help or lost a child, but that family took their sorrow and made it into something to help others, bring others hope. If you think for a minute I'm sure you can think of some too! Liam needs lunch now but I have one last point.....
If you are ever feeling hopeless it is my hope you would call on me to help, I promise to do all I can!